I went to Europe on June 3rd. I was really excited. I woke up very early and went to a limousine bus stop with my family. We rode the bus and finally arrived at Incheon International Airport. My family was going on a package trip, so we had to meet the people that we were going with.
We found where they were! We met our group leader, Ms. Moonsuk. She smiled a lot and was nice to us 'till the end. I wondered if there would be any kids about me and brother's age. Well, there was a boy. His name was Jongmin but I didn't get to talk to him even until the end. I guess we were both wary of each other.
We had to wait a little. But, soon, it was time to board the plane. The plane ride was kinda boring... Even though the plane had some movies and music, the movies were boring and there was only few Korean dance songs. I couldn't sleep there. Don't know why, but it was a good thing because I slept really well when I arrieved at the hotel.
Yay! After a 12 hour fllight, we had finally arrived at London, England. We just went straight to the hotel. The hotel's name was Renaissance Hotel. I thought, 'This hotel looks so dumb and boring,' when I first saw it from the outside. It also had only a few floors. But, when I went in, it was kinda nice! Because I was really worn out from the flight, I slept soundly that night.
The next day, we went to tour London.
First, we went to the Hyde park. Hyde Park covers 142 hectares (350 acres) and Kensington Gardens covers 111 hectares (275 acres), giving an overall area of 253 hectares (625 acres). It really is huge! Although it isn't as big as New York Central Park. I saw William's, Queen Victoria's husband's, statue, covered with gold. It was magnificent. After taking pictures of the statue, we walked around for a while. The day was sunny, which is rare in London, so it was really relaxing and good.
Secondly, we went to the British Museum. We saw many artifacts but the artifact that interested me the most was the clay sculptures they made. Well, not exactly sculptures but they made a clay board and put some lions and people into the board. It was very impressive considering it was very, very, veeeeeerrrrrrry old. The lions' mane were very detailed. There was also a part showing Korean artifacts. I wished they were all in Korea though. And mummies... I didn't see them, because I didn't want to! I just held on to mom and passed through the mummy exhibition with my eyes closed. Anyway, it was all very fun.
Third, we went to see the Tower Bridge from the London Bridge. Before I came here, I thought that the Tower Bridge was the London Bridge. But, the big bridge with towers on each side was actually called Tower Bridge. My little brother was thrilled to see it. He wanted to see it very much.
Finally, we went to see the Buckhingham Palace. Even though I wasn't able to see the soldier alternation. The palace was beautiful. I wanted to live ther as a princess. I've only seen Korean palaces with my own eyes and seeing this was kinda different. The queen wasn't there, I could see. Still, we took many pictures and had fun.
England was really, really good. I couldn't see the King's Cross station, where Harry Potter went to go to Hogwarts. I wanted to see that, but it was still good!
댓글 없음:
댓글 쓰기