2011년 9월 24일 토요일

Heungbu and Nolbu

My school's school festival is on October 7th. My grade is planning 3 performances. One group is singing traditional Korean songs, ther other one is playing ocarina, and my group is playing an English play! Wheeeeee! I've been looking forward to playing a play since I was in 4th grade.
 We're playing Heungbu and Nolbu, a traditional Korean fairy tale. I'm playing Heungbu, the protagonist of the story. He's kind and nice. My friend, Seokju is playing Nolbu. He's Heungbu's brother and the antagonist of the story. Nolbu's selfish and bad.
 In the story, Nolbu and Heungbu live together, but when their father dies, Heungbu's family is pushed out of the house by Nolbu. Heungbu's family becomes very poor, but when he heal's a swallow's broken leg, the swallow brings him a gourd seed. Heungbu plants it and inside the gourd, there are treasures. Nolbu hears of Heungbu becoming rich by fixing a swallow's leg and becomes very jealous. He wants to become richer than him. So, he breaks a swallow's leg, then fixes it. The swallow brings Nolbu a gourd seed, too, but from inside the gourd, monsters come out and take away all of Nolbu's things. Nolbu becomes poor, but kind Heungbu takes him in and cares for him.
 The story is almost the same except for some small parts. When Heungbu visits Nolbu's house to beg for some food, Nolbu's wife is supposed to hit Heungbu, but in this play, Heungbu ducks and Nolbu's wife hits Nolbu instead. And Nolbu's wife asks a swallow to dance with her and breaks its leg while dancing with it, but originally, Nolbu just breaks the swallow's leg. It's really funny when we play it. This play is supposed to be a comedy, that's why there are these changes.
 But since it's a comedy, there are some embarassing parts. But I'm trying my best to play my part well.
 I hope this turns out well. Everyone is  trying their best! We all memorized our lines and practiced dancing and stuff. It will turn out great, I'm sure!

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기