2011년 3월 20일 일요일

The Phantom of the Opera

 Today is Sunday. So, I was not as busy as usual. My mom had bought a new DVD, The Phantom of the Opera, for me, but I hadn't watched it yet. I wasn't so interested in it because I had read the book 'The Phantom of the Opera. However, by the time the movie finished, I was very impressed with the movie.
 There was a rehersal for an opera, but then, an accident had happened during  the rehersal. In fact, there had been accidents in a row. So, the main singer who was supposed to sing in the opera, decided not to sing. And because of others' recommendations, Christine was chosen to take the part.
 When Christine sang on the stage, Rowl (The Opera House's new sponsor), who was Christine's childhood friend, recognized her. He congratulated her and promised to have dinner together and left for a moment, but then, the Phantom came from behind the mirror and took her away to his place down in the Opera House. He sung to her that he would teach her singing.
 A few days later, the Phantom sent the Opera House's owners letters, telling them to get Christine as the main singer in the next opera. However, they refuse and bad things happen during the opera including a killing. Rowl and Christine talked of love and got engaged in secret while fleeing.
 There is a dance at the opera house and the Phantom appears. He threatened the owners into showing his opera at the opera house. Rowl planned to capture the Phantom then. But the Phantom disguised himself into an actor and sang at the opera house. Almost at the end of the opera, Christine pulled off his mask and the Phantom's face is revealed. The Phantom took Christine to his place. Rowl went down to the Phantom's place to rescue Christine, but got captured by the Phantom and the Phantom hung his rope around Rowl's neck. Phantom told Christine to options, one, to live with him forever, two, to kill Rowl.
 Christine got that even though the Phantom is ugly, he is not really evil. So, Christine kisses him. The Phantom was moved by her act and told Christine and Rowl to leave. And when the people searching him arrived, the only thing they found was the Phantom's mask.
 I really loved this movie. The songs were just great and I liked the dresses that Christine wore. The songs that I loved most was 'The Phantom of the Opera' and 'All that I ask of you'. I listened to them twice. The songs reminded me of the times I had played in the Children's Orchestra. We had played those songs. And even though I think that Phantom is bad, I feel a little bit sorry for him. He had to disappear at the end and didn't get his love. I wish that it could have been a happy ending for the Phantom also.
 I think I'll watch this movie again.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기