The picture above shows the damage caused by an earthquake in Japan. On March 11th, at 2:46 p.m., an 8.9- magnitude earthquake hit northern Japan. The earthquake was the biggest earthquake in Japanese history. It is said that approximately 1600 peaple are either killed or lost. Also, after the earthquake, a tsunami about 10m tall, swept over Japan's Pacific coastline. Tokyo's subways and trains are stopped, Narita and Haneda airports are closed, Itchihara's oil refinery has burned down, etc.
It just happened yesterday, when I was studying peacefully. I didn't even know an earthquake had hit Japan. So close to our country. I first heard the news from my Dad, when my family members were eating dinner. I didn't think of it seriously then. Japan always had small and big earthquakes now and then. What's so different about this one? But today, when I saw today's newspaper, I saw that it was more than I had expected. It was the fifth biggest earthquake since 1900, when humans began observing earthquakes. And it was the biggest earthquake in the history of Japan. I couln't believe it!
I feel so bad for Japanese people who have suffered, and are suffering even now, as I am writing this. I can't even imagine what it would be like, even if I try to imagine an earthquake hitting my city. But, on the other hand I am glad that Japan is a developed country, not poor like Haiti. If the earthquake like that hits other countries such as Haiti or China, it would be even more devastating. I really hope there wouldn't be more lives lost and that Japan would recover soon from the earthquake.
Yeah it is really sad..
답글삭제I heard it from my dad too yesterday