Hi, my name is Laila and my Korean name is Seo Hui Lee. I am here to write an compare and contrast essay about highrises Here is the link.http://highrise.nfb.ca/ Well, the word, highrise, means tall apartments and buildings. I have chosen Sylva in Prague who lives in a highrise to write about. I guess I wanted to do something that was cheerful and fun and that the name 'Prague' and 'Sylva' seemed cheerful and fun to me. Prague, Sylva, Prague, Sylva. Doesn't that sound like some kind of music?
I see other apartment buildings, roads, cars, parking lots, playgrounds, and a school(it is my school) when I look out of my windows. When I looked out of Sylva's apartment window in Prague, it was very similar to my own view except the houses with the red roofs that I could see. I could see the apartment buildings, the houses, lawns, playgrounds, roads, and more buildings. There were more buildings and trees there, but still, the view was quite similar. I think that my home is much tidier than Sylva's home I, think. Sylva's home is littered with not needed decorations but my home has what we need in the right place. I think that is because Sylva has young twins. They look so cute and pretty! I saw them wearing pink and skyblue fairy dresses ( I think Sylva made it for her children.)and playing around the house. I also saw them drawing, sitting on a table. I guess that Sylva's home looks more cheerful than my home because of that very reason. Also, Sylva's job is an artist so I understand that she would have many decorations in her home.
Korea has many highrises. Why? Well, here is the reason. Because Korea's land is small but Korea's population is growing rapidly. Many of the people who live can't live if there are no highrises for their homes. That's because there's not enough land for many houses. But if people live in highrises, land will be saved and many people will be able to find space to live in. I live in a highrise that only have 15 floors because I live in a small city called Iksan. But Ga Hyun, my classmate who lives in Busan, a very big and famous city in Korea just like Seoul, told me that she once lived in 45 floor highrise and that she now lives in a 25 floor highrise. I was amazed when she told me that. I guess that's because I am only a country girl...I wish I could live in a apartment that has 45 floors but I can't because my city is so small that it does not have any tall or big apartments. Another classmate of mine, Sua told me that she lives in a highrise that has 30 floors. My apartment is on the 6th floor. I think that Sylva's apartment is not so high, just like mine. (It didn't seem high...or did I see it wrong???)It could be10th floor or 8th floor or 9th floor... I am not really sure. But I am pretty sure that it's not on 45th floor, like Ga Hyun's ex-apartment.
My home and Sylva's home is similar to each other, I think. Sylva's home is happy, so is mine. We see similar things when we look outside. Even though I see less buildings when I see outside, it's quite similar. There are two children in Sylva's home, there are two children in my home. I do believe that both of us are living in quite nice condition.
댓글 없음:
댓글 쓰기